I’m going to go ahead and say that it’s not right to love a virtual space this much. Look around! Make it Naked is all grown up. I’ll be hanging out right here at makeitnaked.com from now on. Click around. Tell me what you think. Tell me you love it. Tell me you’ve never seen anything so beautiful.
I also updated the Links page. It’s a page full of talent and fun. Be prepared to lose the rest of your day if you go there.
Oh, I also made some lemon bars to celebrate. Why lemon bars? Because they match the new design. I’m so not kidding. I understand that I’m not right in the head. But tell me that yellow doesn’t look pretty with the green. You dig my crazy.
Not only are they pretty but they’re gluten free! The crust is buttery, crisp and made from some pretty common gluten free flours. The lemon layer is tart but not too tart. Just right. I shared these with friends and failed to tell them they were gluten free. No one noticed.
So there’s been a lot of dessert lately. This ice cream. These cookies. And now these lemon bars. I’m not sorry, but I do feel something healthy coming on. Something fresh, something summery and of course, something that matches this new space. Special thanks to the most patient, willing, brilliant web designer ever. Thanks Chad!
For the crust:
3/4 cup almond flour/meal
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter (cold and chopped into smaller pieces)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the lemon layer:
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon zest (3 small lemons)
1/3 cup lemon juice (4 small lemons)
1/3 cup gluten free oat flour
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9×9 baking dish and set aside.
2. Pulse all crust ingredients (from almond flour to kosher salt) in a food processor until combined. The mixture should resemble cookie dough.
3. Bake crust about 15-20 minutes. Edges will brown.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together all lemon layer ingredients (from eggs to oat flour).
5. When the crust is done baking alone, remove and pour the mixed lemon layer on top.
6. Bake for another 20 minutes. A knife placed in the center will come out clean when the bars are done. Let cool completely and dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy. Store in refrigerator.
Posted on June 10, 2012