generic viagra without a doctor prescription OK so I didn’t make grasshopper pie like I had planned, but I made you some green juice! Healthy, fresh, festive, tart, green juice!!!
Did that work? Or is your mouse hovering over the X up there?
order now I’ve actually had some requests for juicing recipes lately. This whole juicing craze is for real. I dig it. If you can get over the color (Look at that color!) I think you’ll enjoy it. It doesn’t taste like vegetables. It tastes like a tart, refreshing drink. I try to drink a green juice every other day or so, but always if I’m tired, need quick energy or feel like I’m getting sick. I swear, it has magical powers.
I wanted to share a few juicing tips from personal experience. These are all my own opinions. You might disagree with all of them. That’s OK, we can still be friends. We’ll have coffee dates instead (This implies that I have juice dates with friends. That’s never happened, but I want it to). If you’ve got more to add or have a question, please leave a comment.
1. Juicing celery is disgusting. No matter what else you put in the juice, it will only taste like celery. And celery is gross.
2. Juicing cucumbers is critical. They are so refreshing and contain a lot of water so they really juice well.
3. When juicing greens (like spinach and kale), be sure to get big leafy bunches. The pre-washed, pre-packaged stuff won’t really work.
4. Make the biggest batch of juice your juicer can handle. It keeps for about 3 days in the refrigerator. I store mine in a mason jar. It keeps the color, and when I want to drink it I just shake it up and use a straw.
5. Cold juice is WAY better than room temperature juice. Add ice to your juice if your ingredients weren’t chilled.
6. This isn’t really a tip as much as a confession but I have no idea what to do with all the pulp. I always just throw it out. It feels wasteful but I don’t know what else to do with it. If you do, please share.
7. I always add some lemon or lime to whatever I’m juicing. I love the acidity.
10. Clean your juicer immediately. Seriously, within seconds the pulp starts to dry (you’ve just sucked all the juice out of it) and stick onto the machine and then it’s just a nightmare to get off.
11. I have this juicer and I love it. I got it as a gift from a friend a while back. I have awesome friends.
12. Recipes, including this one, are very forgiving. Just play with it a little. A few more apples make it sweeter. A few more lemons make it a lot more tart.
13. Always peel your citrus (oranges, grapefruits, lemons, limes) and core your apples. Otherwise, just wash your produce and throw it in there.
14. The foam is the best part.
order now My Favorite Green Juice (makes 2 large juices)
1 bunch of curly green kale (I’ve tried darker greens and they’re a bit bitter for me)
1 bunch of parsley
1 bunch of mint
2 green apples
2 cucumbers (I had mini ones so I used more)
Wash all ingredients, core apples, cut rind off lemons and juice according to manufacturer’s directions.
Posted on March 15, 2013