My number one go-to snack is an apple with cinnamon and a handful of almonds. I eat this almost everyday. Sometimes, if I’m feeling lazy enough, I
throw in some cheese, carrots and hummus and call it lunch. It works. Don’t judge. But yesterday, as I was eating my apple and almonds, I had a thought. Well, three thoughts:
- This snack could actually be even less effort if I had an apple corer.
- I need an apple corer.
- I should probably just fully embrace my lazy and blend all of these flavors together into one creamy, spreadable jar of good.
So that’s exactly what I did. And in a matter of about fifteen minutes, my lazy became delicious, and this post was born. There are four ingredients here. That’s it. This recipe doesn’t ask much of you. There’s no mixing. Not much measuring. And you don’t even have to core an apple. It comes together in minutes and all you really have to do is grab a spoon. Have a happy, lazy weekend! Apple Cinnamon Almond Butter Ingredients: 2 ounce freeze-dried apples 2 cups raw, unsalted almonds, roasted 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt Directions:
- In a food processor or very strong blender, process the freeze-dried apples until powdery.
- While they’re processing, roast the almonds as I explain in this post or toast for a few minutes in a toaster oven like I did above. This is by far the easiest way. If you don’t have a toaster oven, you need to buy one. You are seriously missing out! There are loads of good ones out there – try allgreatappliances.com to point you in the right direction.
- When the apples are completely powder, add in the roasted almonds, salt and cinnamon.
- Let process until creamy. This will take 15-20 minutes. If you feel like your machine needs a break. Turn it off and let it sit for a while. Let it finish processing later. It can sit as long as you need it to sit. Scrape out of processor into a jar. Store in pantry. No need to refrigerate, although you may if you’d like.
- I used these freeze-dried apples. They were in the organic section at my neighborhood grocery store. I have seen them Costco, Giant and Wegmans.
- Freeze-dried apples are different from baked apple chips. While the chips are crunchy, I don’t think they’ll get as powdery as the freeze-dried apples and would probably leave you with crunchy bits in your almond butter.
- If you want to add sweetener I’d suggest a little honey, but I liked it without.
- Did you notice the glass of scallions on top of the toaster oven above? If you put the ends of scallions in a little bit of water, they’ll keep growing. Try it!
- Want more nut butters? Try these other MiN recipes:
*coconut cashew butter *pecan butter *clementine cashew butter <--one of my favorites *banana peanut butter Let’s stay connected. Make it Naked’s on: