Should I even bothering writing anything?
I mean, I just made baskets out of bacon.
There really isn’t much else to say…except for maybe “get a life.”
I won’t tell you how long this took me to get right. But three pounds of bacon and several grocery store runs later, we’re here. I’m sweating from fanning our fire alarms for forty straight minutes. I’m tired. I’m covered in bacon grease, but it’s worth it. So very very worth it.
I included all the normal fixings of a cobb salad: lettuce, chicken, tomato, avocado, blue cheese, hard boiled eggs and bacon. Except this time, I took the bacon from the top of the salad to the bottom and made you a hand crafted, carefully woven, bacon bowl. It’s as artsy as I get. Bacon. Enjoy it.
amoxicillin order now Cobb salad in bacon bowls (recipe adapted from Bon Appetit)
over the counter birth control pills order now For the bacon bowls: (makes 6)
2-12oz packages of bacon (about 24 strips)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Flip a cupcake tin upside down and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Cover the cup bottoms with foil.
- Take one strip of bacon and wrap it around the base of the cup as if you were going to put a rubber band around the foil.
- Next, cut two pieces of bacon in half – leaving you with four shorter pieces. Place two vertically across the cups and weave the other two over and under horizontally across the vertically placed strips. This should cover the whole cup. If not, use another strip of bacon. Repeat for each cup until you’re out of bacon.
- Place another cupcake tin (or some other kind of cookie sheet) over the bottoms of the bacon bowls and slide into the oven. So to review, you should have a baking pan right side up on the bottom, followed with a cupcake tin upside down, foil, bacon, another sheet or pan of some sort to press the bacon down. Got it? Bake for about 20 minutes rotating at least once or until crispy and dark brown.
- Be sure to bake until crispy. If the bacon is still soft, it won’t hold it’s shape.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Once cool, lift the foil off the pan and delicately remove the foil from the bacon. Flip the bacon bowl right side up and fill with goodness.
before and after. I realize this isn’t pretty but it’s necessary. You need the after to get that crispy to hold the shape.
antibiotics order now For the salad:
Lettuce, your choice – I used bib lettuce
1 tomato, diced
1/2 avocado, diced
4 ounces of cooked chicken, diced
2 hard boiled eggs, diced
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1. Place some lettuce in the bottom of a bacon bowl. Layer the rest of the ingredients across the top as shown above. Top with dressing (recipe below).
For the dressing:
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a container with a lid. Shake vigorously. Top each salad before serving.
- I tried using the cupcake tins right side up and lining each cup with bacon strips. Don’t do that.
- I also tried doing it without the foil. The foil is necessary. Don’t skip it. So is putting something on top of the bacon bowls as they bake. If you don’t, they will shrink and shrivel and not be very bowl-like.
- Don’t be scared. They’re really not difficult now that I got it right and wrote out the instructions above. I did all the trial and error for you. You can do this and I really suggest you do it soon.